Are you looking to move to Sweden in search of a job? If so, the Sweden Job Seeker Visa may be the perfect option for you. This visa allows individuals to enter Sweden for up to six months to search for employment. During this time, visa holders are permitted to work in any job and can even switch jobs without needing to apply for a new visa.
This blog post will comprehensively explain the Sweden Job Seeker Visa, including the eligibility criteria and the application process. So, if you’re considering moving to Sweden in search of a job opportunity, read on to find out everything you need to know about this visa.
If you’re interested in moving to Sweden, research the job market and the cost of living in advance. And start the visa application process as soon as possible to ensure that you have everything in order before moving.
What is Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
The Swedish job seeker visa enables prospective migrants to move to Sweden without a job offer. This visa allows you to stay in Sweden for up to six months while you look for employment. To be eligible for this visa, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid passport. You will also need proof of financial resources, such as a bank statement and medical insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for a Swedish job seeker residence permit
Determine if you are eligible for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa. To qualify for this visa, you must be a citizen of a country outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and have a valid passport. You must also have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Sweden and demonstrate that you genuinely intend to seek employment in Sweden.
To be eligible for a Sweden job seeker visa, you must:
- Have a valid passport (Digital Passport Detail all pages)
- Qualification documents are Digitally Scanned.
- Academic certification and Degree translation in English / Swedish with an Authorized Translator
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be located outside Sweden
- Have enough money to support yourself during your stay
- Have a return ticket or enough money to buy one
- Not be a risk to the public in Sweden
Required Documents for Sweden Job Seeker visa 2023
You will need a few documents to apply for a Swedish job seeker visa. These include a valid passport, a completed application form, proof of funds to support yourself, and a letter from an employer or job offer in Sweden.
Required documents for visa application
- Resume or CV
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of language proficiency
You will also need to provide evidence of your educational qualifications and work experience, such as:
- Higher Diploma
- Master Degree
- Letter of consent (Allow Sweden migration agency to verify your quantificational Doc)
- Jobs and Business plan
- Health Insurance
- Job search history
- Details of any job interviews you have had
Application Process for Sweden Job Seeker Visa
The process for applying for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa in 2023 may vary depending on your country of origin and your specific circumstances. However, there are some general steps you can follow to apply for this type of visa:
To apply for a Sweden job seeker visa in 2023, you will need to follow these steps:
- Make sure you are eligible for a job seeker visa. This type of visa is for people who want to come to Sweden to look for work and need a specific job offer or other eligibility criteria.
- Gather all of the necessary documents. You will need to provide proof of your identity, such as a copy of your passport, and evidence of your financial means, such as a bank statement or a letter from a sponsor. You may also need to provide other documents, such as a CV and proof of your education and work experience.
- Submit your application online. You can apply for a Sweden job seeker visa through the Swedish Migration Agency’s website. You must create an account and follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Pay the application fee. You will need to pay a fee to process your application. Check the Application Fee. The cost is currently SEK 2,000 (about €200).
- Scheduling an interview (if required)
- Submit the application – You can submit your visa application online through the Swedish Migration Agency’s website or at a Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Wait for a decision on your application. The processing time for a Sweden job seeker visa varies depending on the Swedish Migration Agency’s workload and your application’s completeness. You can check the status of your application online.
What after Applying for a Sweden job seeker visa
The processing time for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa can vary, but it generally takes several weeks to receive a decision on your application.
If your application is approved, you will receive a decision letter and a visa sticker on your passport. You will then need to travel to Sweden within six months of making the decision and register with the Swedish Migration Agency within three weeks of arriving in the country.
After applying for a Sweden job seeker visa, you must follow the below steps:
- Waiting for a decision: The Swedish Migration Agency will review your application and decide whether to grant you a visa. This process can take several weeks or months.
- Paying the fee: If your application is approved, you will need to pay a fee to cover processing your application.
- Biometrics: If your application is approved, you will be required to provide biometric data, such as fingerprints and a photograph.
- Interview: You may be required to attend an interview at the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Collecting your visa: Once it has been issued, you must collect it from the embassy or consulate.
- Entry to Sweden: Once your VISA has been approved, you will need to arrange for your travel to Sweden. You should also make sure to have all the necessary documents with you when you travel, including your visa and passport.
It is important to note that the process for applying for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa may vary depending on your country of origin and your specific circumstances. It is always a good idea to check with the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country for the most up-to-date information and requirements.
Also read: Apply for Hotel jobs in Sweden for foreigners
The validity period of the Swedish job seeker visa
The Swedish job seeker visa is valid for three to Nine months from the date of issue. During this time, visa holders can enter Sweden to look for work. Once they have found a job, they can apply for a work permit.
How much do you need as proof of funds for the Sweden job seeker residence permit?
If you are applying for a Sweden job seeker residence permit, you must show the Swedish Migration Agency proof of funds. This can be in cash, travellers cheques, or a bank statement from your home country. The amount of money you will need to show depends on your circumstances, but it must be enough to support yourself during your stay in Sweden. You may also need to show proof of health insurance.
You need at least
- SEK 13,000 (approximately $1200) – For 3 months,
- SEK 39,000 or approximately $3,600) – for a 6-month visa and
- SEK 117,000 (approximately $10,800) – for a 9-month visa
The Cost of Health Insurance for Sweden Job Seeker Visa
The cost of health insurance for Sweden job seeker visa holders varies depending on the provider, the coverage level, and the insurance duration. Generally, the cost of health insurance for Sweden job seeker visa holders is around SEK 4,500 to SEK 9,000 per year.
Can you bring your family with a Swedish job seeker visa?
You can bring your family with you if you have a Swedish job seeker visa. This includes your spouse or registered partner, as well as any dependent children under the age of 21. You will need to provide proof of your relationship with your family and evidence that you can support them financially.
You can also find more information about this scheme on the Swedish Government website. If you need clarification or have questions regarding the Swedish job seeker/work permit scheme, please leave them in the comments section so we can help address them. Our next post will include a list of the most in-demand jobs in Sweden currently.
Note: It is essential to be aware that obtaining a job seeker visa does not guarantee you will find a job in Sweden. It only allows you to stay in the country for a limited period to look for employment.